The challenge #5 of the iron craft challenge is all about love and valentines day. I like valentines day… never really celebrate it, but its nice .
In an attempt to get into the V-day spirit, I came up with these bookmarks.
What you need :
- Cutting mat
- Scissors, Cutter
- Scraps of paper
- Heart shaped punches in 2 sizes.
- glitter pens , sharpies etc
Making the various Heart shapes :
- Cut the paper to about 1 inch wide. Start with the smaller Heart Punch and punch out the shape.
- Next take the bigger shape and place it on the work top with the underside of the punch on top. Thread the punched paper into the punch and adjust the paper such that the smaller heart is placed in the middle of the bigger punch.
- With the palm your hand press the punch and you should get a heart shape with a heart-shaped window !
Inverted heart windows
- The process is the same as above only difference is when threading the paper in the big punch invert it, such that the hearts are in opposite directions.
Assembling the Bookmark :
- Start with a long strip of paper, preferably a thick card stock. If you can’t find thick card stock double the layers of paper
- Glue the hearts in the desired layouts.
- Embellish with sharpies or glitter pens
- I chose not to have ribbon on the bookmark.
Do let me know what you think!